Customer Service/Fraud Analyst Tier 1
Barnes & Noble is an innovator in publishing, retail, and digital media, including our award-winning NOOK® products and an expansive collection of digital reading and entertainment content. We welcome creative, dedicated, and service-oriented team members who are passionate about being an integral part of our dynamic community and helping it thrive.
Whether your expertise is in retail, merchandising, publishing, marketing, technology, or finance, we have a place for you at Barnes & Noble.
The Tier 1 Fraud Analyst will be expected to provide a high level of service and exceptional support to end users in a demanding, fast paced environment. The Tier 1 Fraud Analyst will assist with billing inquiries, held order transactions, failed order transactions, and other queries.
- Collect debt from customers
- Research and verify account information
- Investigate suspicious/unknown account transactions
- Work with peers and leadership by communicating fraud trends and sharing information
- Maintain established standards for customer service.
- 1 year experience as a representative in a Contact Center preferred
- Minimum High School diploma or equivalent
- Experience as a representative in Customer Service, Collections, Finance, Investigative Analysis, or related field preferred
- Knowledge of credit card processing, and e-commerce preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill
- Customer service and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle stressful situations in a courteous, professional and efficient manner
- Abide strictly by the company data protection policies
- Assumes additional responsibilities as requested
- Requires shift-work, including weekends, non-business hours and holidays
- Microsoft Office and PC Skills a must
Barnes & Noble is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected group.