Front End Web Developer (Temporary)
NY-New York (Midtown)
Barnes & Noble is an innovator in publishing, retail, and digital media, including our award-winning NOOK® products and an expansive collection of digital reading and entertainment content. We welcome creative, dedicated, and service-oriented team members who are passionate about being an integral part of our dynamic community and helping it thrive.
Whether your expertise is in retail, merchandising, publishing, marketing, technology, or finance, we have a place for you at Barnes & Noble.
- Actively contribute to the overall design and architecture of overall web platform solutions
- Research new technologies and approaches to address business needs and optimize and improve existing systems
- BA/BS required
- 3+ years experience in web and mobile web based application development (preferably in a Linux or OS X environment)
- Expert knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Experience with and knowledge of best practices and patterns in page speed/web performance
- Experience working with backend developers in an MVC framework
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong project management skills and to be able to work both independently and as part of a team.
Preferred Experience & Skills:
- Ability to mentor and educate team members on front end coding best practices, including page speed & web performance
- Attention to detail in executing requirements to specification, and in checking their own work and that of others
- Experience integrating social networks and other web APIs
- Experience with frontend testing frameworks and performance engineering
- Agile/Scrum experience a plus
- Knowledge of SEO best practices
Barnes & Noble is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.