Manager, Store Operations & Analytics
NY-New York (Flatiron)
Manager, Store Operations and Analytics
Barnes & Noble is an innovator in publishing, retail, and digital media, including our award-winning NOOK® products and an expansive collection of digital reading and entertainment content. We welcome creative, dedicated, and service-oriented team members who are passionate about being an integral part of our dynamic community and helping it thrive.
Whether your expertise is in retail, merchandising, publishing, marketing, technology, or finance, we have a place for you at Barnes & Noble.
As the Manager of Store Operations & Analytics will focus on removing obstacles to enable our stores to complete work easily and efficiently, enabling our staff to provide customers with a great shopping experience. Act as a liaison between the stores and the Home Office teams, you will make sure that the workload is understood, optimized for efficiency, and is clearly communicated to the stores. You influence all store-level operations and systems, provide workload planning information, and identify cost-reduction opportunities.
- Drive the ongoing evolution of Integrated Store Operations (ISO) to implement the most efficient cost-effective operating principles and workload impact.Lead the development and implementation of the scheduling and workforce management application.
- Manage the prioritization and design of store systems enhancements, guaranteeing that systems properly align with ISO processes and principles.
- Identify opportunities for, assess and recommend ideas for, and develop system enhancements to drive sales and efficiency in stores.
- Coordinate the rollout and communications plans for store systems enhancements, including: BookMaster, POS, PDTs, Dayforce, etc.
- Provide short- and long-term workload impact, freight, and reporting analysis and assessments for rollouts, projects, and other assignments.
- Select, manage and develop the operations team to review store procedures/procedures, recommend revisions to reduce workload, ensure compliance with ISO
- Advise other business unit partners and merchants on the most effective methods and timing to implement new or changing businesses, leveraging past experience paired with forward thinking.
- Lead cross-functional work groups, advise other business unit partners and merchants on the most effective methods and timing to implement new or changing businesses
- Lead the Store Communications & Operations and Store Systems User Groups, leveraging the voice of store management teams, provide opportunities for store management teams to be exposed to, and participate in Home Office projects.
- Manage the overall support of stores’ incoming questions, feedback, and issues via the Store Operations email box.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or comparable experience
- 3 or more years of store management experience, with 2 or more years of solid project management experience
- Deep understanding of store operations, insight into opportunities to create efficiencies in processes
- Management experience hiring and developing a team of direct reports
- Familiarity using data analytics to gain insight into current operations and potential opportunities
- Devise processes to get things done, determine what to measure and how to measure results
- Demonstrated analytical, verbal, and written communication skills, with a solid understanding of MS Office, especially Excel
- Able to work independently, manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment. Possess strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Coordinate, prioritize, and balance multiple projects simultaneously, maintaining flexibility and focus. Assess situations, customize solutions, and communicate plans to partners.
- Gain insight from mistakes, translate ideas into actionable steps to consistently deliver results.
- Build rapport and collaborative relationships with customers and work teams
- Occasional travel to meetings at our stores which are located in all 50 states, using various forms of transportation.
- This position requires the manager to be accessible and on-call to stores 24/7.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer of females, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans