Barnes & Noble Company Overview
Barnes & Noble is an innovator in publishing, retail, and digital media, including our award-winning NOOK® products and an expansive collection of digital reading and entertainment content. We welcome creative, dedicated, and service-oriented team members who are passionate about being an integral part of our dynamic community and helping it thrive.
Whether your expertise is in retail, merchandising, publishing, marketing, technology, or finance, we have a place for you at Barnes & Noble.
The Material Handler will perform a combination of tasks under specific direction in several areas of the Reno distribution center for efficient material flow through production/assembly areas. These tasks may include repetitive lifting up to 50lbs, loading and unloading trucks, restocking of shelves and loading to and unloading from conveyor equipment while demonstrating safe and proper lifting techniques.
What you do :
· In this temporary role you will replenish and provide supplies or product to assigned areas so as to maintain high productivity and minimum downtime
· Palletize and de-palletize merchandise and ensure the safe, efficient buildup/breakdown of pallets
· Load and unload trailers in a manner that ensures damage free merchandise
· Ensure broken down freight is properly stored, staged and protected from the elements at all times
· Rotate to different areas within the warehouse depending on the needs and priorities of the business
· Frequent and safe use of hand tools: box cutters, tape gun, and cleaning gear
What you need:
· Ability to work in a physically demanding role
· Warehouse experience a plus
· Must be able to accurately and efficiently move material so orders are neat and damage free
· Able to handle multiple assignments in a fast paced environment
· Act with integrity and trust, promoting our bookselling culture and core values
· Knowledge of the RF (Radio Frequency) gun
· Read and understand written English
· Must be able to stand for long periods of time and perform continuous lifting, pushing and pulling up to 50 lbs.
Note: Shift hours: 3:00pm to 11:30pm
To learn more about Barnes & Noble Booksellers please go to www.bn.com
Barnes & Noble is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.