Operations Manager-Fulfillment-2nd Shift
Barnes & Noble is an innovator in publishing, retail, and digital media, including our award-winning NOOK® products and an expansive collection of digital reading and entertainment content. We welcome creative, dedicated, and service-oriented team members who are passionate about being an integral part of our dynamic community and helping it thrive.
Whether your expertise is in retail, merchandising, publishing, marketing, technology, or finance, we have a place for you at Barnes & Noble.
What You Do:
- Support, lead and supervise the department supervisors and booksellers in their performance and operational responsibilities.
- Manage and implement operation strategies and objectives to ensure the achievement of the Distribution Center’s goals.
- Ensure consistency over assigned areas of responsibility across assigned shift and work schedules.
- Work in coordination with other members of the operations management team to manage and implement operations strategies and objectives to ensure the achievement of Distribution’s goals.
- Responsible for the development, counseling, coaching and annuals reviews of the members of Department under his/her assigned area of responsibility
- Possess a minimum of 5-10 years of successful supervisory experience including a minimum of 3 years in a management role with supervisors as direct reports.
- A diversified background of strong technical and business managerial skills with experience in the area of distribution/logistics a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills and effective problem-solving skills
- Proficient in MS Word and Excel.
- College degree preferred.
To learn more about Barnes & Noble Booksellers please go to www.barnesandnobleinc.com .
Barnes & Noble is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.