Barnes & Noble is an innovator in publishing, retail, and digital media, including our award-winning NOOK® products and an expansive collection of digital reading and entertainment content. We welcome creative, dedicated, and service-oriented team members who are passionate about being an integral part of our dynamic community and helping it thrive.
Whether your expertise is in retail, merchandising, publishing, marketing, technology, or finance, we have a place for you at Barnes & Noble.
Note: This is a long-term temporary role with strong potential to become regular.
- Provide first-level support for all calls coming into the Barnes & Noble Store Systems Help Desk.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve any incoming calls for assistance from all stores.
- Ensure all aspects of calls are fully and clearly documented in the issue tracking system.
- Place and expedite service calls with our outside vendors when on-site assistance is required.
- Escalate any store issues that you are unable to resolve to the proper level of support.
- Provide proper follow up of all unresolved issues regarding not only your own calls, but any open calls in our system.
- Identify and communicate any patterns or trends of incoming calls to Help Desk Management.
- Provide technical or logistical support to any projects as assigned.
- High school diploma plus Associate degree or technical school certificate required.
- PC hardware and troubleshooting knowledge, A+ certification.
- Knowledge of Windows OS – XP & NT.
- Basic WAN/LAN knowledge with Cisco equipment.
- Basic knowledge of wireless networks and devices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and analytical, problem-solving skills.
- Customer service experience preferred.
Required to work the following 40-hour workweek: Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 11:00 am - 7:30 pm. There will be an initial two weeks of training from Monday – Friday from 9:00 am – 5:30 pm. Must be flexible and open to a future schedule change.
Barnes & Noble is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.