NY-New York (Midtown)
Barnes & Noble is an innovator in publishing, retail, and digital media, including our award-winning NOOK® products and an expansive collection of digital reading and entertainment content. We welcome creative, dedicated, and service-oriented team members who are passionate about being an integral part of our dynamic community and helping it thrive.
Whether your expertise is in retail, merchandising, publishing, marketing, technology, or finance, we have a place for you at Barnes & Noble.
Barnes & Noble is looking for a talented full-time UX/UI Designer to work with our self-publishing platform. You will work closely with the art director to design new and existing
creative - this includes consumer facing digital products for desktop and mobile. You will be developing graphic interfaces and wireframes to allow simplicity of use for customers.
Knowledge of latest UX/UI design principles to solve complex usability issues with simple design solutions is key. You will collaborate with both business and technical teams to identify design requirements and integrate user feedback and overall product direction to create a seamless customer experience. You must be able to present ideas to a
variety of audiences and discuss the design process in detail.
- Design and maintain a consistent, intuitive experience across all of our desktop and mobile products.
- Design responsive and adaptive user-interfaces.
- Design Android and iOS applications.
- Collaborate closely with the art director, product managers, merchandisers, and front-end development team to move projects from concept to final implementation.
- Develop usability standards and design guidelines, put together wireframes, flowchart, spec sheets, and style guides documentation.
- Create HTML and motion-graphic prototypes to better demonstrated designs.
- Participate in user centric A/B tests.
- BA/BS degree in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial)
- Four plus years of experience in interactive design, multimedia design, and or web design
- Expert level knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, PowerPoint, Keynote, Sketch, InVision
- Exceptional portfolio that showcases solid conceptual, color, layout graphic design skills
- Excellent leadership, communication and teamwork skills.
Barnes & Noble is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.